Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Matthew 4:19

Matthew 4:19 
"Come, follow me," Jesus said, "and  I will make you fishers of men."

We are naming our little boy Fischer Charles Robinson. Charles is a name that is on both sides of our family. My dad, grandpa, great grandfather and so on have been named Charles Bennett. Then on Blake's side his grandpa and great grandfather on his dad's side were named Charles Robinson. We only felt that we should have that name as our little boys middle name. We want him to carry on the family heritage with the Charles name. Then I bet you are wondering how we found the name Fischer as a first name. It was a name that Blake found and when I first heard I didn't like! I immediately voted it down. But then for some reason the name kept being brought up and the more I heard it the more it grew on me. Then Matthew 4:19 came to both our minds and we have been praying that our little boy will be a fisher of men. So now we just wait until we get to meet Fischer face to face! We now have the letter's up above his crib. In one frame after his name we have Matthew 4:19 typed out and then in the next frame is a picture of some boats that Blake took while we were Italy. 


This is the picture that is in the second frame above Fischer's crib. We just love this picture that Blake took in Italy and only found it perfect to hang in his room. 


2 comments:

  1. Perfection! Can't wait 'til he's here!!!!! I sound like a broken record, because I feel like that's all I say lately....but I REALLY CAN'T WAIT!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. All of your extended family are waiting for Fischer. These last days can be anxious but once the fine feller is here you won't even remember them. Only the beauty of your first born. We are always here for you.

    ReplyDelete