Monday, February 15, 2010

Valentine's Weekend

We had a busy but fun Valentine's weekend. It started Friday night with our Pastor Larry and his wife Gina having all of the couples that he has married over for dinner for our annual Valentine's night. It is always such a good time of fellowship. It's such a blessing to all of us couples to know that our Pastor and his wife are always there for us and are intentional about spending quality time with us. Each year it's fun to see the group grow, this year there were 3 new babies and then Zach & Mara were the newest married couple. We of course had to take a group picture. (Fischer was asleep in their guest room when we took this picture and Lance & Amanda weren't able to come last minute)

Then on Sunday at church they had every couple who has had a baby in 2009 and 2010 come up on stage for a special blessing. There were 18 babies born at our church in 2009 and so far in 2010 can you believe it? We were there for both services so in between the services they hosted a breakfast for us so we could sit and talk together. So it was fun to start are Valentine's morning at church celebrating with all of our friends and new babies.

Fischer got some fun, special Valentine's gift from both grand parents. He absolutely loved this big stuffed bear.
Now I have to brag about my husband. He had planned such a special surprise. He had coordinated to have his parents come over to our house to watch Fischer while we went out for dinner and a movie. I had NO idea!! When his parent showed up at our house I totally thought they must have been on our side of town and wanted to just stop by to say hi. So not really thinking anything I sat down (I was in my sweats) and started talking to them. Then that is when Blake told me we were going to dinner and a movie. He took me to Chili's (one of my favorite restaurants) and then we went and a saw Valentine's Day. It was a cute, funny movie. It was so special because this was our first date night just the two of us since Fischer was born. We normally don't to do much for Valentine's Day because our anniversary is just a few days later, so needless to say I was so surprised. So to remember the night even though it was just Chili's I wanted to take a picture after dinner.

No comments:

Post a Comment