Thursday, May 27, 2010

What have we been up to?

I've been MIA with my blogging lately. So what have we been up to? We'll work has been a little bit slower for me (which is a good break from the past couple of months). So I've had a few sewing projects I have been wanted to attack. The first project was a bag that a friend of mine made and gave me the instructions for, you can see here on her blog. It was pretty easy for a beginner sewer like me. Which I did have the best instructions that were color coded with pictures. Thanks Heather!



Then my next project ended up being a last minute thing. Little Fischer has figured out how to pull himself up in his crib. Which is actually quite cute. Until we found teeth marks on both sides of the crib! When he stands the rail is mouth level so heck why not chew on it, he chews on everything else. So after looking online for crib protectors we realized that it could take up to 2 weeks for them to arrive because no one carried the kind we need in store. So since my sewing machine was out I decided to make my own. It was a very easy project and they ended up perfect. I was pleasantly surprised with myself. So now he can chew all he wants and it will not dent the wood.



My last project was something that I've been putting off because I had NO idea how to do it. Blake had a hole in one of his favorite part of jeans that he's been asking me for a LONG time to fix. So I decided to tackle it and once I sat down and thought about it, I was able to figure out how to fix it. The jeans looks pretty darn good if you ask me. No one will be able to tell that there was a hole when they are on.

I'm very excited to keep on sewing. Hmmm what should I do next? Fischer look out I might start making your clothes! HA

3 comments:

  1. Alison this is Kristi Kitchen (Udall now) from high school. I wondered on your blog from Kim's and it is so fun to see your cute little family and see what you are up to. Email me if want when you get a chance udallfamily@cox.net.

    Cute sewing projects. I find myself doing the same things lately.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Alison, I am so impressed! Maybe we need to have a sewing party sometime this summer so you can teach me some skills!

    ReplyDelete
  3. awesome ali!!! You and heather are too creative and crafty... not fair.

    ReplyDelete