Thursday, September 10, 2009

Our first big adventure out of the house

So yesterday was a big day for Fischer and I. It was the first day that we were on our own with Blake being at work for 24 hours. Blake went back to work on Monday but I had Amanda my sister in law stay with me all day and spend the night with us! I wasn't ready to spend a whole day by myself just quite yet! :) So yesterday we managed to do some laundry and get a few small things done around the house in between feedings, fussyness and changing diapers. Then we also had our first big adventure out of the house, just the 2 of us. In fact is was the first time I've driven a car since having Fischer. I had to go have my bridesmaid dress fitted for a wedding that I'm in next week. So I timed it where I would get to Blake's parents house in time to feed, meet Amanda and then head off to Nordstroms at Fashion Square.
So after getting done feeding Amanda and I started to gather our things to get ready to head off to the mall. Well I had everything but 1 little detail, the car keys! After walking back out to the car there they were sitting on the back seat. When I got little Fischer out of the car I was so worried about him I left the keys on the seat and proceeded to lock to the car. Yes I locked the keys in the car!

So thankfully Papa Robinson is a very hand man and was able to find something at Ace Hardware that got the door open. Papa to the rescue, yes even if it's breaking into a car! HA

This is a side story - While Papa Robinson was at Ace Hardware we were sitting inside just chatting laughing about what I had just done on my first adventure out of the house. And all the sudden we heard this tapping at the back sliding door. After getting up, thinking that we would see someone standing at the back door, nope here is what we found.

There was a family of quail standing at the back door pecking at the glass. Blake's parents have a seed block in their back yard so needless to say their yard is full of quail, doves, bunnies and every other bird you can think of. And come to find out this is an everyday routine for this family of quail. I got a good chuckle out of this so I just had to take a picture and share it! HA

So since locking the keys in the car set us back timing wise we got back in time for Fischer to eat again so I decided to head to my parents house! So in 1 day we visited both grandparents house and a mall! WOW We both slept good last night! :) I just got tired again thinking about yesterday.

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for your updates, I love reading how all of you are doing. Fischer is beautiful!